That’s why we’ve put together a simple, easy-to-use guide to some common flooring materials and the positive and negative aspects of their use in your home or business.
• Hardwood is easy to maintain and to clean.
• It resists scratches and dents.
• It keeps its original colors.
• Hardwood adds value and a rich look to any room.
• Even after lengthy use, it can be sanded and refinished to look like new.
• Hardwood is expensive.
• It will likely need professional installation.
• It is susceptible to moisture.
• It needs occasional waxing or refinishing.
• Carpeting adds warmth and atmosphere to a space.
• Carpeting provides sound and temperature insulation.
• Carpet adds decorative elements with texture, pattern, and color.
• Carpeting provides a cushioned surface to minimize injuries from falls and
damage from dropped items.
• Carpet easily absorbs stains and moisture and is not good for areas that
• Carpeting is maintenance-heavy with frequent vacuuming and at least an
annual deep cleaning.
• Carpeting tends to hold dirt and allergens.
• You will not want to use in entrance ways that sustain heavy dirt and
TILE & STONE
• Long lasting and durable.
• Low maintenance.
• Excellent for use in high traffic entrance ways.
• Heavy and hard to work with.
• Has a tendency to feel “cold”.
LAMINATE & VINYL
• Easy to install.
• Provide a major improvement quickly.
• Easy to maintain.
• Does not add much real value to your home.
• When it gets severely damaged, it will need replacement.
New flooring can make a dramatic difference in your space. For those in Lexington, Columbia, and the entire Midlands area, Patina Studios is your go to source for flooring. Consider your options carefully and contact Patina Studios when ready to make your flooring choice!